Friday 26 February 2016, 7pm, OTO Project Space
To be clear, though necessarily broad: In this series of solos I will make attempts at, with, and within the confines of, my double bass. Attempts in forms including (but not limited to) pitch, rhythm, timbre, harmony, volume, gesture and topography. These attempts produce feedback - a feedback of complex but flexible information - which will be used for learning, facilitating new questions. This process is an ever expanding cycle searching for latent possibilities and integrating them - always learning, always consolidating.
A set of new drawings by Daniel Blumberg will be shown each month. Tom Wheatley and Daniel Blumberg have been working together for two years, sharing ideas and practices. These drawings are a result of their co-operative process during the month leading up to each concert.
TOM WHEATLEY – DOUBLE BASS SERIES:
- 29 January 2016
- 26 February 2016
- 18 March 2016
- 22 April 2016
Tom Wheatley is an artist and musician based in London
His current projects include:
- A duo previously containing clothes, stands, close-mikings and dog hair with Ilana Blumberg, documented here
- A long-standing duo with Billy Steiger, releasing it’s first public material soon
- A new recording project with Iain Hetherington
- Various lineups & outputs with Daniel Blumberg, often including Billy Steiger, Ute Kanngiesser, Elvin Brandhi and Jim White
- A duo with Grundik Kasyansky, currently finishing it’s first release, and the trio Denis D’or, with Yoni Silver also