Sunday 21 February 2016, 7.30pm
Celebrating the publication of the revised and expanded edition of David Keenan’s seminal study of the English esoteric underground via Coil, Current 93 and Nurse With Wound by Strange Attractor.
- David Keenan presents a talk based on the all-new opening chapter of EHR entitled Crime Calls For Night that makes a daring argument that traces the transgressive urge that animates industrial culture from Palaeolithic cave art through rock n roll and punk rock up to contemporary noise music
- Industrial strength DJ set from Helm aka Luke Younger
- full film programme – Through A Glass, Darkly - in collaboration with LUX and the BFI National Archive as part of the major touring project, THIS IS NOW: FILM AND VIDEO AFTER PUNK with a specially curated screening of films originally connected to the early industrial culture of the 1980s, including work by Jill Westwood, Psychic TV (dir. Cerith Wyn Evans & John Maybury), 23 Skidoo (dir. Richard Heslop) and more.
- panel discussion featuring David Keenan, Jill Westwood (Fistfuck/The Wound), Ken Hollings and more TBC.
- Strange Attractor Press stall w/copies of the new EHR and book signing.
Strange Attractor Press are proud to announce the release of a new revised and expanded edition of David Keenan’s seminal secret history of the UK’s esoteric underground, England’s Hidden Reverse.